Join our Professional Team
San Francisco Hillel is proud to be the only Hillel in our dynamic, world-class city. Our lean organizational structure serves active chapters at SF State, University of San Francisco, UC Hastings College of the Law, and UC San Francisco, and our diverse undergraduate and graduate students experience unique learning environments and represent the multi-faceted future of Jewish identities. They’re attracted to our Hillel’s culture of authenticity and inclusion, and relate to our innovative mindset. For many, this is their first Jewish community, ever. Our staff and board love being able to introduce and deepen their connection and expand their horizons. San Francisco Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. SF Hillel enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, values and learning, and to develop a thoughtful, meaningful connection to Israel.
Springboard Innovation Fellow
The Springboard Fellowship is a prestigious, paid, two-year fellowship that brings together the best, brightest and most diverse Jewish talent through a transformative early career experience in the Hillel movement. Fellows gain professional competencies needed to be outstanding leaders and changemakers in their communities while engaging in compelling work on college campuses across North America.
Who you are:
- You’re always reimagining the ordinary and thinking about ways to repurpose or make things better. You think big and creatively – to you, everything is a possibility and nothing is too big to tackle.
- You’re a relationship builder and can’t get off an airplane without meeting someone new and learning a lot about their interests and passions.
- You are comfortable with pivoting and being able to look at something, realize that the direction you were going was completely wrong, and adapt your plan.
- You’re a risk taker who thrives on solving problems with an entrepreneurial spirit and not being afraid of trying something new.
- You are a recent college grad with professional, extracurricular or volunteer experience, or an educational focus in innovation, entrepreneurship, design thinking or a related field.
- You’re passionate and excited about Jewish life & college students, and understand why some students might not want to get involved with Jewish life. You thrive on learning and have a proven track record of entrepreneurship and risk-taking.
What you’ll get out of it:
- High-level professional development to help develop core skills in experiential education, including learning from some of the most innovative organizations in Jewish education today.
- Intensive Jewish summer and year-long learning experiences that will provide you with the knowledge, passion, and critical tool kit to fuel your work building our Jewish communities.
- Mentoring and career coaching to help you during and after your Fellowship. • A network of terrific colleagues from across the Hillel movement.
- Travel opportunities, both domestically and internationally, multiple times per year (if permitted following COVID-19 safety guidelines).
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Tax Deferred Retirement Plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability insurances, Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- A base salary of $42,000 in year 1 and $44,500 in year 2.